- Build great career paths for employees
- Provided training and development supporting career paths
- Assist in removing barriers to successful employee performance
- Design meaningful and challenging work assignments
- Sponsor laterals and promotions when employees are ready
- Provide recognition for small and large accomplishments
- Use of influence to place round pegs in round holes
- Lead by example: values, integrity, work ethic
- Show them that humor is important
Being a great leader – it is like the famous quote from the teacher turned astronaut, Christa McAuliffe who was killed in a space launch, “I touch the future, I teach”.
Great leaders are teachers! They do touch the future.
What greater contribution can you make to those who work for you than to help mold successful futures!
***** S&E *****