1.22.2022. As of this entry, about 35% of the USA adult population are unvaccinated. 63% are vaccinated. The implications, the unvaccinated:
- Pose a great risk to each other
- Pose some level of risk to the vaccinated
- Pose a risk to health care workers, other first responders, and all those they interface with
- Are the majority of Covid related hospitalizations
- The cost of hospital care for the unvaccinated is huge (one way or the other we all pay for that)
- Cause medical facilities to refuse or delay care to others
- Impact many businesses and industries, driving job loss for others
Vaccines have proved to be beyond safe.
Some causes: Bad information on social media, anti-vac (all vaccines) mentality, the political mess and mismanagement, the belief that individual freedom in the USA is a right, not a privilege (see footnote). To the list one might add Ignorance. Stupidity.
One might ask if it is a right of the unvaccinated to infect others; possibly kill others. Is that a right?
It is all beyond all reason and logic!
***** S&E *****
The Bill of Rights of the US Constitution protects basic freedoms of United States citizens. … The Bill of Rights protects freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to keep and bear arms, the freedom of assembly and the freedom to petition. (It does not give others the right to harm or threaten others).