Helping a friend’s sail his 48′ Beneteau from Florida to South Carolina. Summary:
Beautiful Scenery. Great meals, all but two meals on the boat over the 6 days
- Great crew — experienced thoughtful, considerate, funny
- Most of the trip on eastern ICW; weather good 5 of 6 days
- Boat well provisioned
- The two ocean legs: one perfect, the other we were forced out by an ICW Bridge closure. Tough, heavy fog, sailing by instrument; markers hard to find, rough ocean for 20 miles; crew nervous.
- Only one night in a city port, all others anchored out
- Long happy hours from 5 pm on
- Underway each day, non-stop, from 7:30 to 5 or so
- Although beautiful, most days 7 mph all day up the ICW… can get boring. Crew conversation and humor helped!
- Great trip.
***** S&E *****